Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Transform Your Thrifted Dress to An Oscar-Worthy Gown


It was a week before company event that I decided to look for a dress to wear in a thrift store! When I glanced upon this this dress, I saw its many potential:


Bought at P450 with
matching headress (not pictured)



I had so many dress options that I searched on-line but sadly, the seamstress near my place was not eager ough to make the alterations I want. Here were some of the dresses I was trying to copy:

The fabric gather infront of the dress
is almost the same as the item
I purchased when belted


I love one-shoulder dresses.
The flowing chiffon fabric draping
 over the shoulder is very dramatic


Dramatic and regal






























I also was thinking to cut the dress short
to cop these mullet dresses

Thanks to my friend at the office whose mother is a seamstress, she managed to alter my dress without making any major cutting of the fabric. Here's a side by side of the before and after:




Not bad, eh?! See how I turned the jewels from the collar
to a belt? Top tip: The gems were  sewn on a garterized band
bought from a fabric store at the mall. Bag is from my mom.


Here's more...

 


The fabric falls into the right place in all angles







Studded gladiator stilettos from Parisian
 




I bought the ruffled piping from Carolina's
to cover the unfinished edging of the neckline
and pictures during the event
I was aiming for a smokey eye in jewel tones
(emerald green, gold with a hint of brown)
but it didn't really registered well in pictures.
The brown stood out more.

The length and color are perfect.




With the bosses

No comments:

Post a Comment